Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Golden Globes Trends

I admit, it's taken me a couple of days to digest the fashion extravaganza that was the Golden Globes. So many beautifully dressed celebrities, nevermind the award speeches!

As I reviewed the red carpet photos, on Women's Wear Daily I saw that this time around the red carpet trends extended beyond formal wear and reflected some of the major trends we'll be seeing this spring/summer.

1. Nudes - a huge trend for spring/summer 2010, I'm looking forward to all the renditions of this colouration from ivory to blush nude tones, particularly beautiful in flowing or shimmery fabrics will be a key look. My favourites were Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Morrison, and Christina Hendricks.

2. Assymetric Shoulders - another beautiful trend, which has been on-going over the past year, was seen in brights as well as neutrals, shine as well as matte. My faves for this trend were Sigourney Weaver, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Marion Cotillard.



3. Deep Decolletage - Normally we see one, maybe two red carpet wonders who attempt to pull off this trend while looking stately and comfortable. It's particularly daring! This time though, at least 4 starlets sauntered down the step and repeat baring cleavage down to their navels. A veritable trend. It worked on Anna Paquin, Lisa Edelstein, and Olivia Wilde.